How to Hide WhatsApp Profile Photos on Certain People
Hide WhatsApp Profile Photos
One thing you can do is hide your profile photo. Although simple, this step can protect you from identity theft, annoying chats, and calls and make other people think they are on the wrong dial.
Here's how to easily hide WhatsApp profile photos from certain people. That way, only the selected contacts can see it.
1. First, delete the contacts of the people you want to avoid
After that, you are advised to delete them from the contact list on the smartphone. This is important so that you can move on to the next steps.
2. How to hide profile photos from certain people on Android
Furthermore, if you are using an Android smartphone, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp, click the dot icon at the top right
- Go to Settings> Account> Privacy
- There, open the Profile Photo option
- You will be given three choices, namely Everyone, My Contacts, and Nobody. Choose My Contacts.
By using this setting, profile photos can only be seen by people you have saved as contacts. That's why it is recommended that you delete the previous contact.
3. How to hide profile photos from certain people on iOS
The profile photo settings on Android and iOS are actually not much different. If you are an iPhone user and other Apple devices, follow these steps:
- Open WhatsApp, go to the Settings tab
- Click Account> Privacy
- Open the Profile Photo menu
Like on Android, you will be given three choices, namely Everyone, My Contacts, and Nobody. You are advised to select My Contacts.
4. How to hide profile photos from everyone
By using these settings, no one else will be able to see your profile photo. You can try it when you don't want to be disturbed or when you want to appear offline.
5. Another way to hide profile photos on WhatsApp
The second way, it may sound extreme, is to block the people who annoy you. That way, they will no longer be able to see your profile photo even if you change it frequently.
Hiding a profile photo is one way to protect privacy on WhatsApp. This is not difficult to do. You can try the steps described above. Good luck!