How to Recover Deleted Photos on Whatsapp
WhatsApp has a feature that allows users to delete files, both from themselves and others. This feature is known as "Delete for Me". We can eliminate photos and other media that are not important so that the memory is not full.
Not infrequently, our fingers actually "slip" and delete important photos that we still need in the future. Have you experienced or are you currently experiencing? You must be wondering how to restore deleted photos on WA or WhatsApp, right?
There is a way you can do to restore it. Come on, check out the following and try it on your smartphone!
1. Recover deleted photos from WhatsApp backup file
The first way you can do to restore deleted photos is through a backup. In general, deleted files are stored in Google Drive if you use an Android smartphone and iCloud if you are using an iOS device.
Then how to restore the lost files? Before that, make sure you are an active user doing backups, yes. If you meet these requirements, follow these steps:
- Check when your last backup. Go to Settings > Chats > Chat Backup.
- There, there will be information about the last time WhatsApp was backed up. If the deleted photos are within that time, please uninstall your app.
- Reinstall the application and log in as usual.
- When there is a notification to restore data via backup, say yes and click Next.
- After the restore process is complete, most likely, your photos will return.
2. Find photos in the WhatsApp media folder
Oftentimes, photos or other media that are deleted in applications are still stored on the smartphone. Precisely in the WhatsApp media folder. Therefore, it never hurts to try to find the file there.
The trick is to go into Files then select your smartphone's internal storage. After that, click WhatsApp > Media > WhatsApp Images. Try to find the photo you lost carefully there. If you find it, immediately save it again or copy it to a safer folder.
3. Recover deleted photos via Google Drive
Next, you can also restore deleted photos via Google Drive. But keep in mind that this one method can only be done by Android smartphone users, yes. Here are the steps you should try:
- Sign in to Google Drive via a browser or app.
- Go to Trash or Trash in the left menu.
Photos and media that you've deleted from WhatsApp will most likely appear there. Because Google Drive is a backup place for WhatsApp for Android;
Select the file you want, then select Restore or Recover.
4. Use WhatsRemoved+
There's nothing wrong with asking a third party for help to recover lost photos. In this case, the application that you can use is WhatsRemoved+. This application has various functions. Starting from displaying messages deleted by the sender to restore lost photos.
Here are the steps you have to do to use it:
- Download WhatsRemoved+ on Google Play Store.
- Install and permit to access WhatsApp.
- Select the Save Files option and click Allow.
All copies of photos, files, and chats from WhatsApp will be stored in this application. Even the ones that have been erased.
5. Ask for photos of people involved in your conversation on WhatsApp
The methods above do not always work. It all depends on the device you are using and the intensity of each person doing the backup. If none of the methods works for you, this is the last resort.
You should ask the person involved in your conversation on WhatsApp for the photo. Because most likely, the file has been saved or at least can be accessed on their WhatsApp media. It's easy, right?
Those are the ways to restore or recover deleted photos on WhatsApp that you can try. The point is that you have to do frequent backups, yes. So when there is an unexpected problem like this, you will not be confused to solve it.